Friday, October 23, 2009

Good Question


Here is a very good question that a friend has asked me
I Have Been Wondering Something...I Have Naturally Curly Hair, But Only Tend To Have It Flat Ironed When I Go To My Hair Girl! So, I Wanted To Start Trying It On My Own...Any Suggestions As To What To Put In So My Hair Has A Shine After I Flat Iron It.

Savannah

Ok... lets start in the shower.

*When you are going to style your hair straight you have to begin with a shampoo that adds moisture and helps straighten curls.


my suggestion.... BAIN OLEO RELAX (Kerastase) I SWEAR BY THIS SHAMPOO!Bain Oleo-Relax gently cleanses and detangles for soft and shiny hair... I know this because i have curly hair too!


*don't forget a Hydrating Conditioner too... maybe something like...
Nutritive Lait Vital Protéiné Conditioner


Ok... now that your out of the shower... DO NOT Towel dry your hair all crazy.(if that makes sense) This causes tangles and future frizz! So just gently squeeze the water out. Comb your hair straight and let air dry for a little while until your hair is 90% dry...

if your in a hurry, use your blow dryer till your hair is 90% dry. Make sure you are keeping your hair IN control without letting it fly every were. this will help direct your hair to be straight instead of curly. Even use a paddle brush to smooth it as your drying it.

*use a cream or shine serum styling product...
I suggest.....

SÉRUM OLÉO-RELAX

Controls volume and provides smoothness, shine, and long-lasting frizz protection. Hair is left glossy and smooth.

*Now ROUND BRUSH it....


Round brushing can be very intimidating. But start with a good round brush that is easy to get through the hair. Part your hair into sections. And start from the bottom and go to the top. Don't try to round brush your hair without sectioning it.. you will get discouraged if you don't!



NOW ITS TIME TO STRAIGHTEN....

You guys... This is so important... make sure you have good Tools. without a good Flat iron its not going to look as good! Keep that in mind...

Again, Section your hair and start from the bottom and go to the top. Take time running your hair through the flat iron. Try not to straighten too much hair at one time.
FINNISH
If your hair is still dry and frizzy after all this work. Use a serum to smooth fly aways down. Next.... Look in the mirror at your hard work! you look amazing!
LUMIÈRE NUTRI-SCULPT - Texturizes hair with incredible shine. Adds control and manageability.

1 comment:

  1. you make it sound so easy! for us hair-styling-challenged it isnt! i wish you could just live in my home and do my hair every day!

    ReplyDelete